Wednesday, June 13, 2012

6.13.12 - Back on the Trail

Took a while, but I finally got back on the trail after the ordeal with Greyhound. Unfortunately my bus was about 10 minutes late, which prevented my ride from being able to pick me up and get me back to the trail in Boiking Springs where I left off. I stood there at the bus station clueless as to what I wanted to do. I knew the cost of the shuttle and not having it lined up already, I asked a waiting cab how much it would be. The cost was lower, so I went with that.

Made it back in town, stopped at the post office to pick up a replacement part for my tent, and stopped at the ATC to change and fill up water.

I thought taking as much time as I had, that I wouldn't see anyone I knew hiking, but as I was walking toward town I ran into Mad Hat! Haven't seen him since about Damascus. Hopped on the trail and came across Froth and Domino who I had met in Damascus. Sounds like they had some time off trail too, but for a wedding and friends.

Hiked on a ways by myself, somewhat dragging from being tired. Stopped at a little pond to call Greyhound to let them know about what happened to me.

I carried on, hiking tiredly down the trail, then up to Darlington Shelter where I called it a day. Started around 10am, but still got 14 miles or so done. Still no really rocky sections and it was pretty flat or rolling. Most of the day was hiking through or near farming fields and farms.

Now it's time to go to sleep. I'm so tired mmmI keep dozing off in front of my screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment